Become A Member
The World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) which was established under the Swiss Civil code in 1995 serves its member IPAs as a platform to discuss latest trends and exchange best practices in investment promotion, and a network to advocate government support for the work of IPAs and recognition of their role in stimulating development.
Who can become WAIPA member?
- According to WAIPA Statutes, membership of WAIPA is open to any agency, government body or other entity whose prime function is to promote any country, political sub-division of a country, or other uncontested territory, as a destination for or as source of investments.
- Associate membership is open to other organizations that share similar objectives of WAIPA as set out in Article II of the WAIPA Statutes.
What does membership include?
- Discounts, sponsorships and special rates for the international events, conferences and trainings organized by WAIPA and partner institutions.
- Furthermore, an IPA member get a right to vote at annual General Assembly of WAIPA (which is held each year at the World Investment Conference) and may become a member of the Steering Committee.
- Moreover, WAIPA members may benefit from networking activities, expertise sharing, liaison to international organizations, research and publications.
How much does membership cost?
The membership fees are formulated in accordance with country’s GDP and are paid annually by the 30th April with respect to the calendar year in course as following:
- Tier I countries (GDP per capita up to 2,500 USD): 4,000 USD
- Tier II countries (GDP per capita from 2,501 USD to 12,500 USD): 5,000 USD
- Tier III countries (GDP per capita over 12,500 USD): 6,000 USD
- Associate members: 6,000 USD
How can I apply for membership and how does procedure looks like?
To become a member please fill out the application form below. Upon receipt of the form, we will ask you to send us any official documents (statutes, certificate of registration, activity report, financial statement) giving information about your institution, your recent activities and current investment environment of your country. Your admission process could take around two weeks, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Eva Salamon Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you require any further assistance.